I just reached my 500th subscriber to the “Live Smart Not Hard” email list! To celebrate I’m giving away a 100%, FREE, buy one, get one, ticket on Delta Airlines to anywhere in the Continental United States. No strings attached, all you need to do is be a subscriber to my email list, follow me on twitter and/or “like” my facebook page. Read below for the full details.
I’ve had the Delta Skymiles credit card for many years, however with Delta’s recent changes in frequent flyer miles, the card just isn’t as valuable as it once was. And my Platinum version of the card has its annual fee coming due in a week, at $195.
One of the benefits of paying the fee is a buy one, get one free, “companion certificate” for a coach flight anywhere in the continental US. So even after paying $195 for the card, getting a free ticket for a pricey flight across country can be quite nice.
It’s FREE to enter.
1. My annual fee is coming due in five days. So I need to redeem the certificate before March 1st at the latest. This consists of me going on Delta.com and booking a flight for two people.
2. All legs of the trip must be completed by May 31, 2015.
3. Delta’s terms don’t allow me to sell my companion certificate, so along with a special way to reward followers, I’m giving it away FOR FREE.
4. Remember this is a buy one get one, deal. So you do need to purchase one of the tickets to get the second one free.
5. Technically I have to buy one ticket through my account and then redeem the credit for the other one. So I’ll need to make the payment for the one ticket. I’m open to either you giving me a credit card to use if you are comfortable, or you sending me money (beforehand) via paypal and then I book the ticket for you. After that the second ticket is yours 100% completely free.
6. There are no cancellations, refunds, or changes. Once I hit “submit” that’s the ticket, and it can’t be altered.
7. Depending on where you want to fly, this could save you $300, $400, maybe even $500 on a plane ticket. I used this exact type of ticket last year to go to Seattle, and it saved my brother and I about $450 on a New York to Seattle flight.
8. I’m quite literally giving this ticket away, so please don’t make this contest difficult for me.
How to Enter
There are three ways to enter, and EACH one gives you free entries.
1) Follow me, @SteveBierfeldt on twitter AND tweet to me where you’d go, why you need this, or why you should win the contest. There is no wrong answer or reason, write whatever you’d like. Make sure to tag me, @SteveBierfeldt in the actual tweet itself.
2) LIKE “Live Smart Not Hard” on facebook AND leave a comment on where you’d like to go, why you need this, or why you should win the contest. Again feel free to be creative.
3) Subscribe to the “Live Smart Not Hard” email list. If you’re already subscribed, then you don’t need to do anything else. And completing this task is worth TWO free entries in the contest. If you’re already a subscriber via email, congratulations you’ve already got two free entries.
So altogether that’s three different ways to enter the contest for a total of four entries.
As I mentioned due to deadlines, this is a short contest. I’ll be selecting a winner at 5pm eastern time on Friday, February 27th. I’ll be contacting the winner ASAP so be ready to be contacted by me.
Remember the details listed above:
- You need to complete all legs of the flight by the end of May of this year.
- You need to work with me to book the ticket before March, so that means you and I will work closely together over email and phone on either the 27th or 28th.
- You are responsible for the cost of the “buy one” portion of the first ticket.
As I said, I’ve used this companion pass before to save hundreds of dollars, so if you have a trip in mind on a Delta flight for two people, this is a perfect way to save yourself money. And there are three ways to get a total of four entries.
1) Follow me, @SteveBierfeldt on twitter AND tweet me. Something like “@SteveBierfeldt I should win because…” Make sure you’re including me so I can see it.
2) LIKE “Live Smart Not Hard” on facebook AND post a message ton the page about why you should win.
3) Be an email subscriber to the my email list. That’s all you need to do, and this gets you TWO entries.
On Friday at 5pm eastern I’ll pick one winner from the entries. The more entries you fulfill, the greater your chance to win.