If you own an American Express card, then you should be able to pickup a free $5 credit when you shop at Walmart.com from now until November 30th, IF you properly register for the promotion. That’s a free $5 just for doing the shopping you were going to do normally. Here’s how to get a $5 Credit When You Use Your Amex at Walmart.com
And if you have more than one card, you’re able to get multiple $5 credits!
H/T to Daraius at Million Miles Secrets. He has a very in depth write-up with all the steps, so take a look over there to get the full run down.
1) Synch your American Express card with Twitter by going here.
2) Simply put the hash tag #AmexWalmart in a tweet.
3) Within a few moments you’ll get a twitter notification back from Amex letting you know your account is successfully synched and you’re registered for the promotion.
4) Go to Walmart.com and make a purchase. Note, while the promo said card reloads and pre-paid cards don’t count, it seems that regular gift card purchases do count. So if you want something from walmart anyway, make the purchase, or if you don’t want to miss out on the $5 deal, order a $15 gift card. You’ll always be able to use a walmart gift card for something, and the shipping is completely free.
You’ll see the $5 credit on an upcoming AmEx statement.
6) If you have more than one American Express card, you can synch the card, make the purchase, then un-synch the card, and synch the new card to go through the process again.
It’s all perfectly acceptable. AmEx is even nice enough to tell you that, “you can still redeem the offer(s) previously added to your Card.” So there’s no worry about screwing up the previous purchases.
I have three American Express cards so I ran through this promo three times. There will ALWAYS be a time where I’ll need to pick something up at Walmart, be it groceries, batteries, party supplies or household cleaning items. So I don’t count that as any additional money out of pocket since I’ll be spending it anyway.
But in addition, I’m going to receive $15 ($5 x 3) in statement credits, simply by utilizing this promo. It might “only” be $15, but every little bit adds up. That’s $15 extra dollars I have to save, invest, or devote to traveling.
If you have an American Express card, you have plenty of time between now and the November 30th deadline, but be sure to take advantage of this promotion.